CURRENT TRAVEL STATUS AND REQUIREMENTS PER DESTINATION
**Return Frequently for Updated Information**
US Requirements for International Travelers and US Travelers Returning from International Travel Starting November 08, 2021
- Vaccinated Travelers: Must have negative results from a Rapid Antigen PCR test with sample taken within 3 days of flight.
- Unvaccinated Travelers: Must have negative results from a Rapid Antigen PCR test with sample taken with 1 day of flight.
- A negative Covid-19 test taken no more than 72 Hours prior to departure is required to avoid mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
- All Travelers must fill out an embarkation/disembarkation card online between 72 and 12 Hours prior to travel: https://edcardaruba.aw/
- All Travelers must purchase Mandatory Aruba travel insurance. For more information: https://www.arubavisitorsinsurance.com/ to Purchase: https://edcardaruba.aw/
- Upon completion of the registration travelers will receive confirmation of approval to travel, which needs to be saved electronically or printed to present upon arrival.
- All citizens, legal residents and visitors requiring entry into the Bahamas, must present a Travel Health Visa.
- Requirements for Travel Health Visa for VACCINATED TRAVELERS:
- Negative antigen or Covid-19 RT PCR test taken no more than 5 days prior to travel
- Proof of full vaccination
- Requirements for Travel Health Visa for UNVACCINATED TRAVELERS:
- Negative antigen or Covid-19 RT PCR test taken no more than 5 days prior to travel
- Please Visit Bahamas Travel Health Visa to apply for a travel health vis. For more information, visit www.bahamas.com/travelupdates
- All travelers must obtain a negative Covid-19 PCR test from an accredited facility 3 days prior to arrival date and submit online.
- All travelers must complete online Immigration/customs form at travelform.gov.bb/home or download the BIMSafe App and enter/submit all required information at least 24 hours prior to travel.
- On arrival:
- Fully vaccinated: Have your negative Covid-19 PCR Test results (in English) or your BIMSAFE QR CODE visible for screening. Random arrival Rapid Antigen Tests may be conducted at the airport on arrival free of charge. Once cleared depart the airport using approved transportation. No quarantine required.
- Unvaccinated: Have your negative Covid-19 PCR Test results (in English) or your BIMSAFE QR CODE visible for screening. Travelers will receive a state-of-the-art monitoring bracelet that accompanies the BIMSafe app, which you will wear during your quarantine period. This water-resistant and tamper-resistant bracelet keeps you and those around you safe by ensuring you remain within your designated quarantine location. A second Covid-19 standard PCR test will be administered 5 days after arrival. Once negative results are received travelers are cleared from quarantine and free to enjoy the island.
- All Travelers including Infants and Children must complete a health declaration form for the Public Health Department, no earlier than 72 hour and no less than 48 hours prior to departure, which may be downloaded at Bonaire Public Health Department
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers (at least 14 days after final vaccine injection) ages 12 and older are required to take a NAAT PCR test within 48 hours of departure to Bonaire
- Non-Vaccinated Travelers ages 12 and older are required to complete one of the following:
- NAAT PCR test within 24 hours before departure to Bonaire
- NAAT PCR test within 48 hours before departure to Bonaire + Antigen Test immediately upon arrival on Bonaire.
- We advise travelers to visit https://www.bonairecrisis.com/en/ for additional information, resources and the most up to date statistics and requirements, before traveling.
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
- Effective June 15, 2021, all travelers (except travelers from or traveling through India or Brazil) who have been fully vaccinated with the final dose administered at least 14 days before travel will not be subject to an RT-PCR test on arrival or any period of quarantine unless ordered to do so by a Quarantine Officer as a result of entry screening.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will require:
- BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate at a cost of $35.00;
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken within 5 days prior to arrival;
- Proof of vaccination status.
- Where fully vaccinated persons are travelling with one or more unvaccinated children:
- Children aged 5-17 will be tested on arrival;
- Children will remain with their parents/guardians while awaiting their test results;
- Unvaccinated children will be required to return to a testing center for a further test on day four.
- Partially vaccinated travelers (those that have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine, or whose final vaccine dose was administered less than two weeks before arriving in the Territory) will require:
- BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate at a cost of $175.00;
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken 3-5 days before arrival;
- Proof of vaccination status;
- RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test upon arrival;
- A four day quarantine period and;
- RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test on day 4.
- Unvaccinated travelers will require:
- BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate at a cost of $175.00;
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken 3-5 days before arrival;
- RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test upon arrival;
- A seven day quarantine period and;
- RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test on day 7.
- Where people are traveling in mixed groups with some individuals unvaccinated, those individuals will need to quarantine for seven days upon arrival whilst vaccinated individuals in the group will not be subject to quarantine measures.
- Further information can be found at the website of the Government of the Virgin Islands
- All airports in the Cayman Islands – Owen Roberts International Airport in Grand Cayman, Charles Kirkconnell International Airport in Cayman Brac and the Little Cayman Airport – remain closed to international leisure and non-essential travel.
- Prior to departure, all visitors must follow these 4 mandatory steps on dicardcuracao.com:
- Complete the digital immigration card online before departure.
- Digitally fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) 48 hours prior to your departure and carry a printed document of proof with you.
- Each visitor entering Curaçao will need to show a negative result from a certified Covid-19 PCR-test taken 48 hours or less before flight and carry a printed document of proof with them. You will be required to upload the negative test results of the Covid-19 PCR-test on dicardcuracao.com before departure.
3rd day on-island Antigen test: All passengers are required to undergo an Antigen test at a local laboratory on the 3rd day in Curaçao*.
- *All passengers (residents and international travelers) will receive a pre-confirmation email including a booking reference number together with the local laboratory website and instructions after submitting the PLC. This reference number is unique and created per traveler. The traveler should click on the web link to access the local labs page and check which laboratory has availability to book the Antigen test on the 3rd day after arrival date. The traveler chooses the preferred lab, the time slot and pays for the Antigen test. After booking and payment confirmation of the Antigen test appointment a confirmation email is send by the local laboratory. Another confirmation email is sent including the official PLC document. Please click here for more information.
- Submit a health questionnaire online at least 24 hours prior to arrival in Dominica. Website at http://domcovid19.dominica.gov.dm/
- Upload a negative PCR test result from swab taken within 24-72 hours prior to arrival.
- Upload vaccination certificate.
- Pay for Antigen test online (XCD $100)
- Travelers must present the following prior to boarding and upon disembarkation in Dominica:
- Negative PCR test result from swab taken within 24-72 hours prior to arrival.
- Notification of health clearance to travel.
- Rapid Antigen test will be administered to the fully vaccinated travelers on arrival.
- If Antigen test is negative, traveler will be deemed medically cleared at the discretion of medical officials and there shall be no mandatory quarantine.
- If Antigen test in positive a PCR test will be administered immediately and traveler will await the results in room isolation a Government-operated facility or Safe in Nature- certified property
- If PCR test is negative, traveler will be deemed medically cleared at the discretion of medical officials
- If PCR test is positive, traveler will be admitted to Covid-19 Isolation Unit until released by an authorized Health Professional. Hospital fees will apply.
- Traveler will be transported to mandatory quarantine at a Government operated quarantine facility or to their pre-booked Safe in Nature-certified private property for a minimum of 5 days. While in quarantine at a Safe in Nature – certified private property unvaccinated travelers will be able to partake in diving and land/sea tours provided by the certified private property.
- A PCR test will be administered to the traveler on Day 5 after arrival and travelers will await the results for up to 48 hours.
- If the result of the PCR test done on Day 5 is negative, traveler will be deemed medically cleared at the discretion of medical officials.
- If the result of the PCR test done on Day 5 is positive, traveler will be admitted to Covid-19 Isolation Unit until released by an authorized Health Professional. Hospital fees will apply.
- All Travelers over the age of five (5) are required to have a negative PCR test for SARS CoV2 taken within three (3) days (72 hours) of arrival in Grenada from their last port.
- All Travelers are required to complete a Travel Health Declaration Certificate in order to travel to Grenada. This Travel Health Declaration Certificate is a travel authorization which grants the approved applicant authorization to travel to Grenada.
- You are required to retain either a printed or electronic copy of the authorization as you will be required to provide it to check in prior to boarding your flight or vessel to Grenada
- If you intend to travel with other persons, including minors, each person must obtain a separate travel authorization.
- This is a Health Clearance Authorization to travel to Grenada. You will still be screened on arrival, and processed through immigration.
- Vaccinated Travelers (No quarantine required)
- Fully vaccinated travelers are required to present proof of vaccination upon arrival in Grenada.
- Vaccination card or certificate must be in English.
- Original vaccination card is required.
- All fully vaccinated travelers will undergo health screening on arrival (symptom review and temperature checks)
- You will present your Health Declaration Certificate, your negative COVID test AND your vaccination card to Health Screeners for verification.
- You will not be tested on arrival unless deemed necessary by Health Officials during health screening.
- You will proceed to Immigration for processing
- May use personal or other types of transportation.
- Unvaccinated Travelers (Must quarantine)
- Make your reservations at approved Ministry of Health Approved/Pure Safe travel accommodations.
- Unvaccinated travelers are required to quarantine for seven (7) days at an approved accommodation (the day of arrival being day zero) and on day five (5) must do a repeat PCR Test for SARS CoV2 to be allowed into the community.
- Unvaccinated persons MUST receive confirmation of a negative PCR test after day five (5) and clearance from public health officials in order to be permitted to leave their quarantine site.
- If your day five (5) test is positive the traveler will be required to remain in isolation for 14 days (day one being the date the sample was collected) at a designated facility (this may be the existing quarantine facility or another based on an assessment of risk)
- All travelers must obtain approval before arrival. Travelers applying via the EHAS will receive an immediate automatic response, followed by an approval letter, with the necessary stipulations for entry to the island, within 24 hours.
- Fully vaccinated adult travelers will be able to visit Saba as of May 01, 2021 without having to follow any quarantine measures.
- Persons traveling from a low-risk country will not require a pre-travel test.
- Persons traveling from a high-risk country must show proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test result. Pre-travel test can be max. 72-hours old before arrival to Saba.
- Upon arrival on Saba
- Upon your arrival on Saba, please ensure you have the required documents mentioned above, printed or on your mobile device, and ready for inspection.
- If you are fully vaccinated, do ensure that you have your vaccination card readily available to present to Immigration and Public Health..
- Ensure you have adequate travel insurance that provides coverage for Covid-19, hospitals, and any medivac circumstances that may occur.
- End of Quarantine and Departure Testing
- As of May 01, 2021 there will be a central testing location open daily from 1-3pm in The Bottom. There will be clear signage and directions on site. Travelers who need testing before departure or testing at the end of quarantine, are required to do so at the central testing location. Rapid Antigen tests are available for $50 and results will be received within 4 hours.
- Vaccinated tourists from (very) high risk countries are allowed to enter St. Eustatius based on the normal immigration rules.
- Registration is however required before entering St. Eustatius and the requirements as described below must be fulfilled. This is applicable for people entering by boat and people entering by plane.
- Everyone that wants to enter St. Eustatius must register through the St. Eustatius EHAS system https://ehas-statia.eu.bric.solutions/form/85e9a7e8-7281-4d9d-8d05-678ac359900d/step/1
- The request for entrance can be done within 72 hours before the planned date of arrival. Approval will be within 12 hours after receiving the request.
- Persons from low risk, high risk countries and very high risk countries must have a negative Covid 19-PCR test taken within 72 hours before arriving on Statia.
- Fully Vaccinated implies two weeks after the second shot of a two shots vaccine (Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Pfizer) and four weeks after the vaccination with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- Quarantine measures:
- Persons vaccinated coming from very high risk countries: people who have received their vaccination will be exempted from quarantine if they are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before entry. These persons have to take a quick antigen test upon arrival (on their own costs being 60 USD for non Statian residents. after a negative test result to adhere to the monitoring protocol. After 5 days they will be tested by the Public Health Department. The behavioral advice consists of social distancing, wearing a face make and hand hygiene. During these 5 days, it is not permitted to visit events and work in indoor areas. Visiting bars and restaurants is limited to outdoor seating.
ST. CROIX/US VIRGIN ISLANDS
- The U.S. Virgin Islands Travel Screening Portal (USVI TSP) screens travelers prior to arrival to the Territory. Every traveler aged 5 and older must use this portal before travel (https://usvitravelportal.com/)
- All travelers ages 5 and older are required to produce either: A negative Covid-19 antigen (molecular/PCR/rapid) test result received within five (5) days prior to travel to the USVI, or A positive Covid-19 antibody test result received within four months prior to travel to the USVI.
- Upon arrival, all must produce original test results and travel certificate received from portal
- Persons unable to produce required test results will be subject to mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days or duration of stay until able to received required test result while in Territory. Traveler is responsible for all cost related to testing and accommodations.
- All passengers must wear a mask or facial covering that covers mouth and nose upon disembarkation. Exemptions for children under two (2), person unable to remove a mask without assistance, and persons with acute respiratory issues. Requirement is enforced by fine.
- Upon exiting aircraft or vessel, all passengers will be required to complete a Traveler Screening Questionnaire and will be subject to temperature check. Temperatures below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and “no” answers on questionnaire can proceed with their travel plans. Temperatures higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or “yes” answers on questionnaire are subject to further testing and possible self-quarantine at designated government quarantine location at own expense.
ST. KITTS & NEVIS
- Currently, only fully vaccinated travelers will be allowed entry into St. Kitts & Nevis. Exemptions for Citizens, Residents, and non-vaccinated children under 18 traveling with fully-vaccinated parents or guardians.
- A traveler is considered fully vaccinated, 14 days after their second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford, Sinovac or Sinopharm) or two weeks after the traveler has received a single dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen). As of July 12, St. Kitts & Nevis accepts a mixed vaccine doses of two dose regimens of AstraZeneca/Oxford, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, Sinovac and Sinopharm.
- All travelers will be required to:
- Submit Required Forms & Upload Test:
- All travelers must submit a COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEO 17025 standard, taken 72 hours prior to travel, along with the required embarkation form, and all other supporting documentation. An embarkation form is required regardless of age. Forms must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to travel. **Please note, acceptable COVID-19 PCR tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, rapid tests, or home tests will be considered invalid. TIP: To find a testing location near you, visit testfortravel.com.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to submit a copy of their official Vaccination Record card (Vaccination Certificate) including dates when doses were administered.
- Visit knatravelform.kn to access the form, upload your test results, and Vaccination Record card (Vaccination Certificate) details as required.
- All incoming travelers must have hard copies of their KNA travel form, negative RT-PCR test results, Vaccination Record card (Vaccination Certificate), and taxi fare as only Travel Approved taxis will be allowed to transport travelers to their accommodations.
- Within 24 hours of your arrival into St. Kitts and Nevis, all international travelers staying at their “Travel Approved” hotel will undergo an RT-PCR Test (USD 100 Nationals/Residents and USD 150 non-Nationals/non-Residents). Upon receipt of a negative test result, they can integrate into the Federation and a participate in all open tours, visit attractions, and can travel throughout St. Kitts and Nevis. This requirement also applies to non-vaccinated children under the age of 18 traveling with fully vaccinated parents.
- All visitors are required to “Vacation in Place” at their Travel Approved hotel where they may move freely about the property within and use any and all available amenities until they are in receipt of their negative test result.
- Please note that effective Wednesday October 12, 2021, “Travel Approved” hotels will offer guests the required RT PCR test (USD 100 Nationals/Residents and USD 150 non-National/non-Residents) upon arrival. The test must be taken by a Ministry of Health approved medical doctor or nurse and transported to the lab for processing. Within 24 hours the results will be available, enabling those with a negative test result to fully integrate into the Federation.
- Follow Health & Safety Guidelines
- For your health and safety, visitors are required to wear a face mask, practice proper hand sanitizing, and physical distancing.
- Due to the Covid-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours.
- All travelers from the US/Canada to Sint Maarten who are fully vaccinated are exempted from a Covid-19 test. The completed vaccination date cannot be older than one year, unless a booster shot has been administered before the ending of the one year term. The EHAS application must still be completed. The date of completion of vaccination must be submitted as well as valid proof of vaccination (official country vaccination card or QR code, full name and name, dates administered and batch number(s) of vaccine) from the country where the vaccine was administered. A received booster shot must be indicated in the appropriate field and proof thereof must be uploaded as well.
- You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed Covid-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital Covid-19 infection certificate).
- The accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.
- All non- fully vaccinated children 5 year of age and older are required to have a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hrs. or Ag test within 48 hrs. before departure.
- The government of Sint Maarten has implemented a mandatory Covid-19 Insurance The insurance purchasing process is an integrated step in the EHAS application. Travelers requiring the Covid-19 insurance must complete this process upon application.
- All incoming passengers are subjected to temperature checks and other screening protocols and may be subjected to mandatory testing at their own expense. Failure to comply with the screening at the Health Check Point upon arrival will result in you not being cleared to enter St. Maarten and sent back to your originating country. If re-tested upon arrival you will be required to self-isolate or self-quarantine at your place of lodging/residence until the test results are known.
- Applicants will receive confirmation of their accepted application. Non-completed applications will be automatically deleted within a day after the provided travel date.
- If health authorization is pre-approved, you will receive a (printable) pre-authorization PDF via e-mail, which must be presented at check in and to the health and immigration authorities upon arrival. This PDF will also contain a QR code which will show the vaccination status and Covid-19 test result when scanned. Keep the original RT-PCR or antigen test result and proof of vaccination always with you. Please check your spam/junk mail folder as well in case you haven’t received a response. If health authorization is not pre-approved, you will receive an e-mail informing you that health pre-authorization has been denied.
- All persons traveling to Saint Lucia are required to complete the appropriate sections of this TRAVEL REGISTRATION FORM three (3) or more days prior to travel. A confirmation will be sent upon receipt of the completed form. All persons must print and travel with a copy of their completed registration form https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/travel-registration-form/
- Have confirmed reservations at a Covid-19 certified accommodation provider for the duration of their stay or Have a pre-arranged stay confirmed at a Government operated quarantine facility.
- All arriving passengers must have a negative result from a PCR test done no more than 5 days prior to arrival in Saint Lucia
- All arriving passengers must adhere to all protocols relevant to airport
- All arriving passengers will be screened, this will include temperature checks
- All symptomatic passengers will be immediately isolated and tested. If test result is positive for Covid-19 the passenger will be transferred to the Respiratory Hospital for treatment and care at their cost.
- Fully vaccinated visitors will be able to explore the island on their own if they so wish. Fully vaccinated travelers must bring along their vaccination record which will be inspected on arrival and will then be issued a special wristband which must be worn throughout their stay and only removed on departure These protocols are currently in place until June 30 and may or may not be extended.
- Non Vaccinated passengers will be transferred by certified taxi to approved Covid-19 accommodation or to a government quarantine facility and are required to remain on property for the duration of their stay except to transfer to another Covid-19 certified property to continue their stay, or to participate in certified activities, tours and excursions
ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
- PHASE #10 – Commencing Monday January 11, 2021
- Travelers to St. Vincent and the Grenadines MUST ARRIVE WITH a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Covid-19 test result as per the following:
- High Risk Countries: Barbados, United States of America, including the United States Virgin Islands (USVI), China, United Kingdom, Germany, Guyana, Suriname, Belize, St. Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Brazil, India, Panama, Argentina, Peru, Haiti, Colombia, South Africa, Nigeria, Indonesia, Philippines, Italy, Bahamas, Canada, Turks and Caicos Islands, France (including overseas regions), Spain and Russia.
- Must arrive with a negative result of a Covid-19 (RT-PCR) test done no more than seventy-two (72) hours or three (3) days before arrival.
- May be retested for Covid-19 (RT-PCR) on arrival in SVG.
- MUST Mandatory quarantine for fourteen (14) days in a Tourism Authority/MOHWE approved Transition/Quarantine Hotel at their cost. Must arrive with proof of the fully prepaid reservation.
- MUST transfer to the Transition Hotel in an approved AIA taxi or approved vessel (plane or ferry) at own expense.
- Must be retested between day four (4) and day (7) of quarantine.
- PROCESS ON ARRIVAL:
- Arrival Assessment to include:
- Approval of SARS-CoV-2 test result by Port Health Team.
- Collection of a nasal swab specimen for a Covid-19 PCR test from all qualifying disembarking travelers.
- All travelers will be assessed by the Port Health Officers to determine their final level of risk and the length of mandatory quarantine required.
- All travelers will be required to monitor their temperatures and other symptoms for the next 10 days and report any abnormalities to the local health authority.
- All travelers with a positive Covid-19 PCR test result will be isolated in an approved accommodation/facility at the traveler’s own cost.
- REQUIREMENTS OF DISCHARGE FROM QUARANTINE:
- Objective measures:
- Negative PCR Test
- Not a close contact of a positive Covid-19 case
- Subjective measures:
- Absence of signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Not determined to be at high risk for being exposed to Covid-19
- Airports and borders remain closed to non-nationals.
TURKS AND CAICOS
- Turks and Caicos CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) UPDATE – new entry requirements effective September 01, 2021
- Turks and Caicos is open for tourism. There’s no quarantine on arrival. A Travel Authorization is required. You need a Covid-19 test, taken no more than 3 days before arrival, and travel insurance.
- Read more about and apply for the TCI Assured Travel Authorization https://travelauthorisation.turksandcaicostourism.com/
- Visiting Requirements
- Effective September 01, 2021, all visitors must be fully-vaccinated. Fully-vaccinated means 14 days after receiving the second dose of an approved vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). In the case of the Johnson and Johnson/Janssen vaccine, this is 14 days after receipt of the single dose. In addition to all other current requirements. See below for details.
- A negative Covid-19 test result (see below for acceptable types). The test must be taken within 3 days prior to travel in the islands. Children under 10 are exempted from this requirement.
- Insurance which covers Covid-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions, and air ambulance.
- Completed online health screening questionnaire (part of the TCI Assured free online travel authorization).
- Once granted entry, no further Covid-19 tests are required and visitors are permitted to stay for 90 days (extendable for an additional 90 days). There is no mobile tracking app or daily health checks (as in some other Caribbean countries). Visitors are free to travel throughout Providenciales and the rest of the Turks and Caicos without restrictions during their stay. For queries, please email [email protected] or call +1 (649) 232-7233, +1 (649) 232-5900, or +1 (649) 232-4484.
- Proof of Vaccination
- Proof of vaccination is either a digital or paper record uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal
- Exemptions to Mandatory Vaccination
- Visitors under the age 16 (visitors age 10-15 must still provide a negative Covid-19 test, along with all other travelers).
- Visitors who are not able to take a Covid-19 vaccine due to medical reasons. However, written and signed proof from a medical professional clearly stating that they are medically exempted from taking the vaccine must be submitted to the online TCI Assured Portal. The reason must be clearly stated and will be reviewed by the Turks and Caicos Ministry of Health. If an exemption is granted to the individual, note that these persons will still be required to provide a negative Covid-19 test.
- You need a Covid-19 test to enter the Turks and Caicos. You must take the test no more than 3 days prior to arrival in the islands. Acceptable test types are:
- Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction tests (RT-PCR).
- Nucleic Acid Amplification tests (NAA).
- RNA or molecular tests.
- Antigen tests completed via nasopharyngeal swab.
- The laboratory which processes your test must be accredited. The certificate from the laboratory which conducted the test should include the following:
- Name (must be same on the TCI Assured application and test result)
- Date of birth (must be same on the TCI Assured application and test result)
- Laboratory name and contact details
- Indication of laboratory credentials (CLIA, ISO 15189)
- Date and time of sample collection
- Type of test
- Type of sample
- Test result
- For PCR tests: Only results from oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal samples are accepted.
- For Antigen tests: Only results from nasopharyngeal samples are accepted.
- Self-administered home tests are not accepted.
- Antibody tests are not accepted.
- Required Travel Insurance
- You must have travel insurance which covers Covid-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions, and air ambulance. FYI – Travel Insured International travel insurance offered by Maduro Dive meets all Turks & Caicos requirements
- Current Covid-19 Restrictions
- Masks are required in all public places until Nov. 30, 2021.
- There is an 1 AM – 5 AM curfew on all islands until Nov. 30, 2021.
- Businesses must close at 12 AM (midnight) on all islands until Nov. 30, 2021.
- There are no restrictions on inter-island travel.
- Restaurants and bars are open (restricted to 50% normal capacity). Persons must be fully-vaccinated in order to enter a bar or club. Persons must provide Government-issued ID (which must include a photo, name, date of birth, and holographic mark) along with presenting proof of vaccination (such as their vaccination card). There is no exception to this rule and persons must have this information ready to present to a police officer on spot check to avoid a fine and prosecution. This information will be logged by owners of establishments and provided to the Government on a weekly basis.
CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA AND MEXICO
- Effective Monday, August 09, 2021, all travelers, both vaccinated and un-vaccinated, entering Belize from other countries will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test.
- All Travelers are required to bring along a negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of travel, OR Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, ABBOTT (Panbio) test taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel. Children under the age of 5 years will not be required to present a negative test
- A “Gold Standard Hotel” booking confirmation must be presented at immigration upon arrival.
- From Dec. 1, 2021 to Jan. 7, 2022, all commercial establishments and mass activities can voluntarily require that their clientele present proof of COVID-19 vaccination via the QR code to enter, in order to operate at full capacity. Minors will not be required to present proof ofvaccination.Commercial establishments that choose not to require the QR code must operate under limited capacity and abide by physical distancing measures.
- NO NEGATIVE COVID TEST IS REQUIRED. Costa Rica does not require a negative Covid test to enter the country.
- Starting on August 01, 2021, fully vaccinated tourists and all minors (under 18) will no longer be required to show Covid travel insurance. Costa Rica will also stop requiring a health insurance policy for minors and for adults who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. In order to qualify, adults must:
- Have received an approved vaccine: Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson.
- The last dose of the schedule must have been administered at least 14 days before entering Costa Rica.
- Proof must be demonstrated with a document that includes the person’s full name, date of each dose, formula, and lot number.
- For U.S. visitors, the Covid-19 vaccination record card meets the requirement.
- Costa Rica Entry Requirements for Tourists:
- For international guests entering Costa Rica, visitors will need to do the following. Entry requirements do change so please verify the most up-to-date travel requirements prior to your travel.
- Complete the online health form (Health Pass). Everyone entering Costa Rica will continue to be required to complete the Health Pass, an epidemiological form. This must be filled out during the 72 hours before arriving in Costa Rica. – https://salud.go.cr
- Non Fully Vaccinated Travelers Purchase a Travel Insurance Policy: You must purchase travel insurance for the duration of their trip to cover medical expenses and accommodation. If you need insurance, please see the requirements below*
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers and Minors: Beginning Nov. 22, 2021, fully vaccinated tourists with authorized COVID-19 vaccines will receive a QR generated from the Health Pass that can be used to present proof of vaccination within the country.
- *Acquiring medical insurance for unvaccinated travelers
- The insurance policy may be obtained from any international insurance company that meets the following requirements:
- Valid for the entire stay in Costa Rica (coverage dates).
- $50,000 USD for medical expenses, including those from Covid-19.
- $2,000 USD for lodging expenses in the event of Covid-19 quarantine.
- Please request a certificate or letter from the insurance company, in English or Spanish, that indicates the following:
- **Traveler’s name.
- Effective dates of the policy during the visit in Costa Rica (travel dates).
- Guaranteed coverage of at least $50,000 USD for medical expenses in the event of contracting Covid-19 in Costa Rica.
- Minimum coverage of $2,000 USD for lodging expenses due to quarantine or travel interruption.
- This certificate must specify that the policy covers Covid-19 and must be attached to the HEALTH PASS for review and approval by the Costa Rican authorities. Insurance cards are not accepted. The information must be provided in the form of a document.
- New Rules Effective July 01, 2021
- All travelers over 2 years of age need one of the following to enter Ecuador and Galapagos (observing the time rules for each):
- Proof of Full Vaccination at least 14 days prior to travel
- PCR/antigen test within 72 hours of entry.
- Honduras Immigration Pre-Check: The first prerequisite for entering the country is to complete the online Immigration Pre-check Form found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/ If you have any issues, use the following link instead: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/3LC6FbGX
- Helpful Tips:
- For the country of origin, select “Estados Unidos” for the United States.
- The form cannot be submitted until 48-hours of your arrival date. Before the 48-hours time frame, you can advance the process by registering on the site and completing the questions; however, you must wait until you’re within the 48-hours time frame to submit. (This is to avoid excess records in the immigration system).
- It is best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
- You will receive a response via email, and you will need to print it out and carry it with you.
- To make things speedier during check-in at the immigration desk, highlight your name, pre-check #, and travel date.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Card Required for Fully Vaccinated Travelers to Enter Honduras effective June 16th, 2021. If you are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for Covid-19.
- Requirements to enter Honduras:
- The ORIGINAL vaccination card given to you at the vaccination site.
- The travel date must be 14 days or beyond the last scheduled dose of your vaccine (A single dose of J&J/Janssen or 2 doses of all other vaccines.)
- You are considered fully vaccinated for Covid-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J/Janssen).
- Covid-19 Testing Required for Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers. If you are NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated, you WILL need to get tested for Covid-19.
- NOTE: this includes testing children from 3+. Infants 2 and younger do not have to be tested
- Requirements to enter Honduras:
- A negative Covid-19 test completed within 72 hours of entering the country.
- Accepted Tests for Covid-19:
- Rapid Antigen Test for Covid-19
- Polymerase Chain Reaction test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
- No restrictions or requirements for travel by air to Mexico.
SOUTH AFRICA AND MOZAMBIQUE
- Travelers intending to visit South Africa and Mozambique will be expected to produce a PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) Test that is not older than 72 hours from the time of departure from the country of origin to South Africa. This test must be conducted by a certified medical practitioner and should have the name and signature of the practitioner who conducted such test.
- Upon arrival in the port of entry, the traveler will be screened for any Covid-19 symptoms or for contact with people who have been infected with the Covid-19 virus. Travelers will also need to provide proof of accommodation address should they need to self-quarantine at the time of arrival in the country. TAC will send a letter of invitation statin the address of the accommodation establishment.
- Should the traveler display any Covid-19 related symptoms or been in contact with an infected person(s), they will be expected to take mandatory Covid-19 test. This test will be at the traveler’s cost. If the Covid-19 test comes back positive, the traveler will be subjected to a 10 day quarantine at a designated site. The accommodation at a quarantine site will be at the traveler’s cost.
ASIA, MICRONESIA, SOUTH PACIFIC, PACIFIC & OCEANIA
- Australia has enacted a travel ban on all non-residents and non-Australian citizens entering Australia. Individuals may request exceptions to the entry restrictions https://travel-exemptions.homeaffairs.gov.au/tep
- All travelers entering Australia from overseas will be quarantined in a hotel or designated facility for 14 days. Travelers are required to undertake their mandatory 14-day self-isolation at their port of entry.
- Travelers will be transported directly to designated facilities as determined by the relevant state and territory government (for example, a hotel) after appropriate immigration, customs and enhanced health checks. Each state and territory will charge international arrivals for the cost of their quarantine accommodations.
- Airline must provide the Health Declaration form at the departure airports and insure that the passengers have filled and signed it before boarding the flight (on the international flights) which will be delivered to the Quarantine Authorities upon arrival.
- Effective from Sept. 01, 2020 and till further notice, all passengers travelling from (Japan / China / Thailand / North America / South America / Canada / London (Heathrow) /Rome / Paris / Frankfurt / New Zealand / Australia/South Korea) Must be in possession of a negative PCR test taken 96 hours or less before departure time.
- All children “regardless their nationalities” under 6 years old are exempted from PCR test.
- Transit Passengers (who are not entitled For Hotel Accommodation and will be staying at Cairo Airport till their onward Flight) don’t require having a PCR Test upon Arrival.
- Transit Passengers (who are entitled For Hotel Accommodation and will not be staying at Cairo Airport till their Onward Flight) must be in Possession of Negative PCR Test even if their Final Destination don’t need require a Negative PCR Test to be able to accommodate them in Hotel.
- *The submitted PCR certificate will be accepted if it meets these requirements:
- It includes the hour and the date of sampling, which is the date on which the number of hours will be counted.
- Issued by an authorized accredited laboratory and stamped with the laboratory’s stamp and does not contain scraping, cancellation or addition.
- Indicating the type of sample taken for the swab.
- Indicating that the type of test is (RT – PCR).
- Certificate is accepted in Arabic or English language.
- The RT-PCR certificate must be an original paper certificate (Copy is not allowed).
- International Passengers (who are travelling directly) to (Sharm el Sheikh / Taba / Hurghada / Marsa Alam) airports who failed to submit a valid PCR test, shall undergo the PCR test upon arrival to those airports with charge of 30 USD. “Those passengers will be isolated in their hotels till the PCR test result is received and “In case the PCR is positive, passenger will be self-isolated in his / her room at the hotel and to coordinate with the Egyptian Ministry of health”.
- As of December 01, 2021 Fiji will welcome fully vaccinated travelers.
- Currently Fiji only recognizes the Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna vaccines.
- It is essential that everyone over 12 years old gets a negative RT PCR Test done 3 days before you board your flight to Fiji as this will be checked.
- Foreign nationals arriving to Fiji will be required to install and use the careFIJI app. Make sure its downloaded and Bluetooth activated wherever you’re travelling in our islands. careFIJI | Download the App (digitalfiji.gov.fj)
- Take a mandatory Rapid Covid-19 test as soon as practical at your hotel, upon entering Fiji.
- Information currently unavailable pertaining to travel from the United States.
- All foreign nationals, with very limited exceptions, are restricted from entry to Malaysia until August 31, 2020
- All travelers MUST have explicit, written permission from the Malaysian authorities prior to traveling to Malaysia.
- All travelers are required to undergo Covid-19 testing on arrival and a mandatory fourteen-day quarantine at a facility designated by the Malaysian government at their own expense.
- PCR TEST WITHIN 96 HOURS REQUIRED To enter Maldives, you will need a negative PCR (Nasopharyngeal) test taken within 96 hours prior departure from your first airport of embarkation. This needs to be done in country of origin. Rapid tests are not accepted. Children under 1 year old are exempted from this requirement. Please check all requirements for transit airports on your way to Male.
- HEALTH DECLARATION FORM REQUIRED The Health Declaration Form (HDF) must be filled in and submitted by all visitors twice – 24 hours before your flight to the Maldives and once more before you depart from the Maldives. You may submit the form electronically http://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/
- MANDATORY MASK USE REQUIRED Face mask use is mandatory in Maldives, in all business and public areas. Hand sanitizer may not be available everywhere while on land, so please bring your own masks that fully cover your nose and mouth (not gaiters, bandannas, etc.).
- OPTIONAL LAND TOURS & HOTEL STAY You’ll be allowed to do land excursions on desert islands only. It is now possible to combine 2 different liveaboards or a liveaboard and a hotel stay, by filling a “split stay application”. More details by clicking here. A maximum 48 hour transit time is allowed before or after your cruise in selected hotels in Male and Hulhumale.
- TEMPERATURE CHECK You will have your temperature checked upon arrival at Male Airport. If your body temperature is higher than 38°C (100.4°F), you will be requested to do another PCR test (Free of Charge). Several temperature checks will be done while onboard.
MICRONESIA (CHUUK/TRUK, YAP)
- Commercial flights to and from Micronesia remain very limited. Federated States of Micronesia has declared a “state of public health emergency”.
- No passengers are allowed to disembark any air or sea vessel originating outside of Federated States of Micronesia
- Effective Immediately, a commercial airline traveler needs only to present required documentation to the airline/airline representative for entry into the Republic of Palau.
- Pursuant to Republic of Palau Rules and Regulations for Isolation & Quarantine of Contagious Diseases and current Ministry of Health (MOH) Directives regarding Covid-19 measures, all international travelers entering the Republic of Palau are subject to the entry requirements listed below.
- All travelers must provide valid proof of full Covid-19 vaccination, with final dose received at least 14 days prior to arrival in Palau. Vaccine record must clearly show date(s) and number of dose(s) received as well as vaccine brand that is either US FDA or WHO approved or authorized for Covid-19.
- Unvaccinated travelers under twelve (12) years of age may enter Palau and shall undergo the same requirements for vaccinated travelers.
- Requests for vaccination requirement exemptions for age group 12-17 will be considered on a case by case basis. Requests must be emailed to [email protected] Requests must be received 5 days prior to arrival to Palau.
- All travelers are also required to provide valid negative PCR Covid-19 test results taken within three (3) days of departure to Palau or proof of Covid-19 recovery if previously infected with Covid-19. Children under three (3) years old are exempt from entry testing requirement.
- All travelers must provide valid address and contact information in Palau.
- All travelers must wear a face mask during their first five (5) days upon arrival and undergo mandatory Covid-19 testing on the fifth (5th) day after arrival.
- Violation of any stated requirement shall be subject to a criminal fine of $500.00, up to one (1) year imprisonment in accordance with 34 PNC § 104, and subject to further quarantine or isolation conditions.
- Visitors and non-residents must stay at a Pandemic Certified establishment during their first five (5) days upon arrival.
- Note: Flights and ships carrying unvaccinated travelers may be considered for entry on a case-by-case basis by the Ministry of Health.
COMMERCIAL AIRLINE TRAVELER Steps for Entry:
- Vaccination: Travelers must submit proof of complete Covid-19 vaccination with final dose administered at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure to the Republic. Vaccine received must be approved or authorized for emergency use by either the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO). *For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.
- Negative Covid-19 PCR Test or Documentation of Recovery: All Travelers must also provide proof of either: a. A negative result of a Covid-19 PCR test (any type of PCR test, including NAAT, RT-PCR, qPCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, molecular test, isothermal amplification, ddPCR, or CRISPR), and such test must be taken within three (3) days prior to departure from the point of origin to the Republic; or b. Documentation of recovery from Covid-19 which includes proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you have recovered and are cleared to travel. *For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.
- Testing and Mitigation Orders After Arrival: All Travelers shall be Covid-19 tested on the fifth (5th) day following their arrival to the Republic and are required to follow the Mitigation Orders issued upon arrival.
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- Currently only Papua New Guineans are permitted to enter PNG Internationally with a mandatory 7 to 14 day quarantine in a Port Moresby hotel immediately upon arrival. Length of quarantine is based on where they are traveling from
- Information regarding when Papua New Guinea will lift international travel restrictions for visitors is not available at this time
- Effective from August 15, 2020, flag carrier Philippine Airlines will require all passengers to wear face shields, on top of the mandatory face masks, in compliance with the Philippine Department of Transportation’s latest guidelines for the public transport sector
- After checking in for flight travelers must register for an Electronic Health Locator Form and Arrival Card.
- Covid-19 RT-PCR testing at the port of entry or designed quarantine facility; and — Must stay in a government-designated stringent quarantine facility until their test results are released.
- If test results are positive, will be transferred to a designated hospital for further medical management.
- If test results are negative, will be allowed to move out to undergo 14-day quarantine at home or an appropriate local monitoring facility
- A SARS-CoV-2 virus genome test (list of approved and non approved tests) has to be carried out by all travelers from 6 years old in a health authority center (hospital, clinic, medical Center, Covid-19 testing Center, or medical analysis laboratory) within three days before the flight to Tahiti (at the passenger’s expense).Ex: If the flight departs on a Monday at 11pm, the passenger needs to take the test the preceding Friday.
- Please note for example, that Antigen, Antibody, Self Testing or Rapid Tests of any kind, including rapid RT-PCR tests such as the Abbott ID are not accepted by the Health Authorities of French Polynesia and aircraft boarding will be denied. Consult the list of approved and non approved tests.
- The results of this test must be negative and will need to be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for anyone who does not have French nationality. If the insurance does not cover the costs in the event of a pandemic, commit to the health costs generated in French Polynesia, including in case of infection with Covid-19.
- Complete the Sanitary entry form online on the dedicated digital platform ETIS.pf [Electronic Travel Information System].
- Once completed a receipt with an ETIS number will be issued by email
- A printout of this receipt must be presented upon check-in together with the test results in order to be able to board the flight to French Polynesia and both documents will need to be presented upon arrival at Tahiti’s Faa’a international airport.
- All Travelers must complete the state of Hawai’i’s Safe Travels Hawai’i program application form, uploading Covid-19 test result or vaccination record document (if applicable) and obtaining your QR code PRIOR TO departure will significantly reduce your airport screening and processing time at arrival.
- As of July 08, 2021 Travelers vaccinated in the United States can bypass the State of Hawai‘i’s mandatory 10-day mandatory quarantine.
- Travelers wishing to bypass quarantine who are ages five and older and who choose not to participate in the vaccination exception program will be required to take a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab in order to bypass the State of Hawai’i’s 10-day mandatory quarantine. The test will need to be taken no more than 72 hours before your flight departure time. If you have a multi-city flight itinerary, the departure time is from the last city you leave before arriving at a Hawai‘i airport (e.g. if your travel is from Chicago to Seattle to Honolulu, the departure time to look at is your flight from Seattle).
- The State of Hawai’i will accept test results ONLY HERE