Watching these awesome creatures from a distance isn’t enough for us so here’s our Top 10 list of our favorite shark dive destinations, along with what species you can expect to see and best times to catch a glimpse of them.
- Gansbaai, South Africa (Shark island between Gansbaai and Dyer island) — Great Whites — April to September
- Cocos Island, Costa Rica — Hammerheads — June to December
- Nassau, Bahamas — Reef and Tiger — all year
- Pacific Harbor, Fiji Bull, Lemon, Reef — all year
- Donsol, Luzon Island Philippines — Whale Sharks — February to May
- Darwin and Wolf islands, Galapagos — Galapagos, Hammerheads, Silky — all year; Whale Sharks — April to November
- Aliwal Shoals and Protea Banks, South Africa — Bull (Zambezi) — November to May; Tigers –November thru May; Ragged Tooth –July to November
- Rangiroa, French Polynesia (Avatoru and Tiputa pass) — Gray, Reef — all year; Hammerheads –January and February
- Richelieu Rock, Koh Tuchai, Thailand — Whale Sharks — January to May
- Neptune Islands, South Australia — Great Whites –June, July and August
If you can’t get enough of this, you can sink your teeth into our Pinterest for more scuba and shark photos!